Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Hug Day!




If you didn't already know, today is Hug Day.

Claire informed us yesterday that it was coming, and sure enough, this morning I got a HUGE hug from the most precious girl in the world.

Now... yesterday, I have to admit that I wasn't so excited about Hug Day. This is because last night, when Claire was asked to come and set the table, she informed us that she HAD to finish her tea party because "tomorrow is Hug Day and we CAN'T have a tea party on Hug Day." I needed the table set -- she needed to serve tea to several stuffed bears and a couple of dolls. I'm not sure when Hug Day became the all-important reason to finish her party, but it kind of irritated me. Partly because it was hard to argue with something as soft and cushy-sounding as "Hug Day" and also because, in my no-fun adult mind, dinner was going to get cold if we didn't sit down to eat NOW.

However, when those arms wrapped around me this morning and I heard the words "Happy Hug Day, Mommy!" I instantly fell in love with Claire's self-proclaimed holiday.

So here's wishing a Happy Hug Day to you all! Take advantage of it - these special holidays don't come around every day, you know.


2 comments: